At Grassroots Carbon we constantly get asked about resources our own team uses when it comes to learning more about regenerative agriculture. It might be shocking to learn this but regenerative agriculture is not a new concept! There are thousands of ranchers all around the world leveraging regenerative practices and the number continues to grow. With that in mind, we thought it would be helpful to share some of our favorite books on the topic, if you are a rancher looking to learn better practices, or a carbon buyer wanting to understand the impact of your purchase here are some great places to start. Our list was so big we decided to break it up into multiple parts so below are 5 of our favorites. Be on the lookout for a follow-up post later this month when we reveal another 5 books and even showcase some of our favorite films.
- Dirt to Soil: One Family’s Journey Into Regenerative Agriculture
by Gabe Brown and Courtny White.
2. Growing a Revolution: Bringing Our Soil Back to Life
by David R. Montgomery
3. Grass, Soil, Hope: A Journey Through Carbon Country
by Courtney White
4. The Soil Will Save Us: How Scientists, Farmers, and Foodies Are Healing the Soil to Save the Planet
by Kristin Ohlson
5. Cows Save the Planet: And Other Improbable Ways of Restoring Soil to Heal the Earth
by Judith D. Schwartz
We want to hear your feedback on the material above! Do you have other great regenerative content, drop us an email (email@example.com) and let us know some of your favorite books or videos.
If these books piqued your interest check out our previous blog “Top 10 Questions Everyone Asks About Soil Carbon Storage” to learn about how these practices help fuel natural carbon storage.